Reliance: 2013 Day 2

Daniel 9:3-13

My insight...

Verse 3:  Fasting is completely TURNING TO God.  My attention easily gets turned to my busyness and the distractions of the world.  But fasting once again draws my focus and my attention to The Lord.

Fasting also must be accompanied with prayer me humility.

Verse 4:  Fasting puts God in proper perspective:  1.  "the great and awesom God."  We need to be reminded that GOD CAN!  What are you believing for?  He can still move mountains!  2.  "Who keeps His covenant of love."  We need to be reminded not only that He can but GOD WILL!  He's not just powerful, great and awesome.  God is for us!  He's made a love agreement with us tht He will keep.

Verses 5-13:  Fasting must include confession.  I agree with God. I view my sin as He does. I don't explain it away or excuse it.  It is as God says it is-rebellion.  "Forgive us our sins, dear Lord!"

Comments