Reliance: 2013 Day 4

Ezra 8:21-23

My insight...

There's a big difference between beliefs and convictions.

Ezra couldn't say to the king,  "The gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him," on one hand and later say, "By the way, King, we're taking this trip and we could really use the added protection of some soldiers and horsemen, you know, just in case there's some trouble on the road."  The king would have wondered, "How real is this God of yours if you can't trust Him completely?"

So Ezra was ultimately saying, "I'm putting all my eggs in one basket.  I'm all in with God.  He's the only one that can help me!  And I'm choosing to trust Him alone."

So let me ask you:  Is His grace sufficient for you?  Is He more than enough?  Is that your conviction?  A belief can say, "God can!"  But a conviction doesn't just pray for God to move but prays through it, fasts through it, and steps out in confident faith that God will.

Comments