RUINING ROMANCE

The Lord said to me, “Go, show your love to your wife again… Hosea 3:1a (NIV)

I’m probably about to ruin romance for some of you (This is just perfect for the week after Valentine’s Day week…that was sarcasm. I know it‘s hard to read in written form.)…

…but there is no such thing as falling in love.

Yes I said it and no I’m not a “murderer of love” nor a “love hater” nor have Sarah and I been fighting and this is just some repressed frustrations toward her showing up in today’s blog entry. There is no such thing as falling in love. Love is a choice. Lust is different, you can fall into lust but not love. So those people that say to their spouses, “I fell out of love with you and fell in love with another. I’m sorry. I couldn’t help it. People can‘t help who they fall in love with,” are not right. They’re just trying to excuse their choice to be unfaithful. People say “I fell in love” like they would say they fell into a pit: “I fell out of the walking path and into a pit. I couldn’t help it. Sometimes you can’t help falling into pits. They can show up anywhere.” Pits can be fallen into, not love.

God’s word to Hosea is very clear: “Go show your love to your wife again…” Show her some love actions. Choose to love her.

So what’s the lesson for us today: If love is a choice than don’t neglect actions of love. Choose to nurture love. Love is like a lot of things in the sense that if you don’t choose to use it you can lose it. So husbands, “Go show your love to your wife,” And wives, “Go show your love to your” husbands.

Question:
In what ways can you show love to your spouse today or this week? Write out a creative love plan. Remember, your spouse has a specific language of love. They may receive love a different way than you do. So don’t do for them what you want, that’s selfish, consider what they want. That’s love:

Comments