WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO KATY HUDSON?

Though you, Israel, commit adultery, do not let Judah become guilty. "Do not go to Gilgal; do not go up to Beth Aven. Hosea 4:15 (NIV)

Close to ten years ago I was listening to KDUV morning radio (our local Christian radio station now called SPIRIT) when they played a song during a segment they called “Pass or Play.”  The whole idea was that if you liked the song you’d call in and say, “PLAY!”  And if you didn’t you’d call in and say, “PASS!”  If enough people liked the song they’d put it into the rotation and if not they wouldn’t play it.  The song they played I liked.  But apparently few people did and it was passed.  It was a song by a new artist named Katy Hudson, the daughter of a pastor.  I liked the song so much that I bought the album. 

The words to that song that was rejected:

How could I see you when I was so blind
How could I grasp you when I was far behind
How could I hear you when I was so deaf
How could I get up when I had been left

But You said, "don’t worry"
For I’ve healed the blind man
And I’ve set the captives free
And You said, "don’t worry"
For all you’ve gotta do
Is put your trust in Me

How could I be clean when I was so dirty
How could I be made whole when I was torn apart
Make me whole, make me whole
Make me whole again

Sadly, Katy Hudson never hit it big in Christian music.  The record company she sign with, Red Hill Records, closed and that’s the last we heard of Katy Hudson…

That’s because she changed her name to Katy Perry, the artist who‘s brought us songs like, “I Kissed a Girl and I Liked it“ and “California Gurls.”  What happened?  Well, the quick answer is the enemy likes to take things that once honored God and claim them for himself.

Perfect examples:
            Gilgal-situated between Jordan and Jericho; once a holy place to God (Joshua 5:10-15; 1Samuel 10:8; 15:21) but afterwards desecrated by idol worship (Hosea 9:15; 12:11; Amos 4:4; 5:5).
            Beth-aven-which literally means, "house of vanity" or idols; but here Hosea is using this name as a mockery for Bethel, the land once sacred to God (Genesis 28:17, 19; 35:7), but made by Jeroboam the seat of the worship of the calves (1King 12:28-33; 13:1; Jeremiah 48:13; Amos 3:14; 7:13).

What’s the lesson?  Satan loves to desecrate sacred things.  He loves to ruin God’s people.  Guard yourself today.

Comments