FLIRTATIOUS TEXT (21 days of prayer and fasting edition)

Day 3

so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:18

Ever text the right message to the wrong person?  This is one of my biggest fears in life.  I have a habit of sending flirtatious texts to Sarah, my wife.  The cheesier the better.  But my greatest fear is accidentally sending it to the wrong person:  Like grandma, one of my pastor buddies, or my ministry overseer.  How do you live something like that down?  

Me:  As in the words of Milli Vanilli- "Girl you know it's true! Oh, oh, oh, I love you!
Ministry Overseers:  Pastor Cruz, I never thought your feelings were this strong.

One thoughtful gesture goes bad, quickly all because I sent it to the wrong audience.

We said yesterday:

Wrong audience = wrong reward

The opposite is true:

Right audience = right reward

I want to make sure my fast has this tunnel vision, zeroed in, locked on target to my audience of One.  For His eyes only.  I want His attention only because I need His help only.

Comments