THE WOES OF A CELLPHONE-LESS DAY (21 days of fasting and praying edition)


Day 11

Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly. Joel 2:15a

Strange, isn’t it, how we survived so well back in the day without cell phones.  Now without them we feel like we’re missing a vital part of our being.  What if someone’s trying to reach me?  What if it’s an emergency?  What if the emergency situation is mine and I’ve got no battery or I left my cell on the charger at home (at least I hope that’s where I left it)?  You can call me all you want, if my phone is at home or dead, I’m unreachable.  The call may go out but I’d be unable to answer it.

Blowing the trumpet was a call that would go out within the people of God that would signal them to sacred, holy action.  The call still goes out today, but the sad truth is some of us can’t hear it.  Like a cell phone left at home or dead, we’re disconnected from hearing the instructions, directions, words of life, hope and love that comes from or Heavenly Father.

A “holy fast,” one meant to yield my heart to God, dials me in, raises up my spiritual antenna and tunes me into heaven’s frequency.

During this fast, slow down and listen for God’s voice.  He will speak.

Comments