CALIFORNIA IN IRELAND (21 days of fasting and praying edition)

Day 16

Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife, and in striking each other with wicked fists. You cannot fast as you do today and expect your voice to be heard on high. Isaiah 58:4

Ever see something completely out of place?

Sarah and I were blessed with a trip to Ireland last year.  It was one of the greatest experiences we’ve had in life.

Day 2 we went shopping and I, personally was on the hunt for a shirt that said IRELAND on it or even DUBLIN.  First stop was a place called DUNNES STORE.  It’s a bit like our Target or Walmart.  No IRELAND shirt to be found.  But this is what I came across instead:



That’s right, folks, I couldn’t escape California.  

I leave California for Ireland and search for an IRELAND shirt and all I could find was a California shirt.  Believe it or not, I saw American Flag shirts, shirts that said “LONG BEACH,” “HOLLYWOOD,” and “SAN FRANSICO.”  What I expected to find I couldn’t find.  And what I found I could have easily gotten before my trip at home.  It’s seemed so out of place.

You know what else is out of place?  Fists after fasting.  If I’m sowing fasting how could I be reaping fighting?  I could have easily found a desire for fighting before fasting.  Why go through the trouble of fasting only to end as I began?  Fasting should impact my heart in a way that my connection with God is tighter and my love for others stronger.

How will your fast end?  Chose now to not just give up a meal but connect your heart to God.

Comments