VIDEO GAMES



My gaming skills were never great, good, or even decent.

We didn’t grow up with a Nintendo gaming system at home.  The only times I played any video games was when I went to my cousin’s house or went to the local arcade.  Never enough to get any decent practice time in.  So when I did play it was always a sad display.

“Let’s play video games!” my cousin would say.  I never was interested because it would always go the same way—taking turns.  That sounds fair, right?  I’d go first and Mario would fall into a pit that I mistakenly “attacked” instead of “jumped.”  So Mario died.  And it was all my fault.  My cousin’s turn went next.  45 minutes later he’s like, “Come back.  I died!”  My turn again and in 2 minutes later Mario’s dead. 

As technology advanced so did the gaming possibilities.  It was a great day when two players could play at the same time.  Me, the guy with no skills was able to pass level after level.  Not because of my skills but because I’m with the guy who knew what he was doing.  He had the skills to get me to the next level.  And what was I doing the whole time?  I was the soldier attacking the wall. My cousins taking out bad guy after bad guy.  Me?  My soldier was stuck in the corner, walking and occasionally jumping. 

My BC days (before Christ) were a lot like the classic Nintendo days:  Quick trouble, falling into things that left me spiritually dead.  

When I connected to Jesus everything changed!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us Ephesians 3:20

In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

This is NEXT LEVEL stuff here!  My skill level isn’t important; He’s more than able, more than capable, He’s more than enough! If you’re hopeless today, if you’re discouraged or overwhelmed, I want to remind you that if you are in Christ you are not alone.  Don’t fall back to your BC days and try to fix, control, or escape the trouble on your own.  Trust Immanuel, God (Almighty) with you!

Comments