WHERE'S JESUS? PART 1

Image result for WHERE'S JESUS
Last month I shared about the Jesus Action Figure in my office that had been removed from the box he came in only to be placed above the bookshelf he was previous on.  This was the work of someone with keys to my office and began a repeated experience of Jesus appearing in different places locations around my office.  Each time I’d call out the person I was convinced was responsible (who still claims his innocence).  Each time he’d ask me what Jesus was trying to tell us.  This became our office version of “Where’s Waldo,” only without Waldo.

Here's one of the “Where’s Jesus the Action Figure?” highlights: 


  • 1.    Jesus in my lunch bag



So, I open my lunch bag only to find Jesus hovering over my rice cakes.  So, after a laugh I text the perpetrator:
           Me: “Bro! why’d you put Jesus in my lunch bag!” 
Him:“What!?” 
Me:“I know it was you!” 
Him:“Wow! Jesus did it again.  I wonder what he’s trying to tell us, this time?”

Later I’m thinking about Jesus in my lunch bag.  What a great reminder.  Jesus never physically hands me my food.  And because He doesn’t hand me food, I sometimes forget that He’s my Provider. The meal I’m enjoying today I only have because of my Great Provider, Jesus!  One of my earliest lessons on prayer was on this very subject: “Thank You, Jesus, for my food.  Amen!”That prayer taught me several important truths: 1. My food comes from God. 2. The importance of taking a moment to show gratitude.  

Jesus tells us:  27 Considerhow the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! Luke 12:27-28 (NIV)
·      JESUS IS ASKING WE SHIFT OUR THINKING ONTO THE UNLIMITED PROVISIONS OF GOD
I like the word “Consider.”  He’s trying to get us to shift our thinking to something new. And this is a tough one.  I don’t think we can truly wrap our heads around the unlimited provisions of God.  God lavishly pours out beauty on grass.  Grass that will be gone tomorrow.  Doesn’t that seem like reckless waste.  He’s pouring out beauty on flowers that have a short self-life (I’ve bought my wife flowers before.  They don’t last).  We don’t get that.  If I have a box of candy, I know that if I give you some that means less for me later. If I give you some of my money, that means I won’t have any for later.  We’re limited here on earth.  God’s not. You shouldn’t worry-talk economy when you’re talking to God, the Unlimited Resource.  So, learn the lily lesson:  If God takes care of them, that are here today and gone tomorrow, than He’s got us covered!

Then Jesus says:  29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. Luke 12:29-30 (NIV)
·      JESUS IS ASKING WE SHIFT OUR THINKING ONTO THE ATTENTION OF GOD
I have amazing parents.  Anything I need, I just ask.  Anything!  If I want some enchiladas I just ask, and I get enchiladas.  Why?  I’m there’s. You on the other hand, don’t enjoy the same privileges I do (unless your one of my siblings).  

My point is, if I’m God’s child, I don’t have to live like an orphan, that has no hope.  My Father knows what I need! My Healer knows! My Provider knows! My Restorer knows! My Mighty God knows! My Deliverer knows!

I don’t have to live in lack.  I don’t have to grab, push and shove in life like a Black Friday shopper.  God is my Provider and I have his attention.  He’s the God who never runs out.  

Jesus commands:  31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.Luke 12:31-32 (NIV)
·      JESUS IS REVEALING THAT IT’S GOD’S PLEASURE TO GIVE THE KINGDOM TO THOSE WHO PUT HIM FIRST.

Final thought:  When we make His Kingdom a priority, it’s His pleasure to give us all the provisions of the Kingdom.

Comments